For other help, please read the information on this page. If you can’t find an answer to your question, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Read through the Getting Started With Your Blogs information on Edublogs Help and Support site
- Step 2: See if the answer is on Edublogs Help and Support site
- Step 3: Ask for help in the Edublogs Forum
Creating a Blog
- Go Global Student homepage
- Click on the link on the top right hand side that says ‘Create Class and Student blogs here!’ if this is your first blog
- Click on “Log in” if this is your second or more blog in Global Student.
- Follow the registration instructions then click on “gimme a blog”
- Go to your email, pick up the registration email and click on the link to activate your blog.
- Log into your blog using the username and password given on the email.
- Once you are logged into your blog, you can change your password to one you can remember.
- See instructions for “changing your password”.
- Contact [email protected] if you are having trouble creating your blog.
How do I Login to the dashboard?
- Under “Meta” in the sidebar of your blog click on “Site Admin” and this will take you to your Dashboard which is the place where you make changes and update your blog.
- Some blog designs do not have a “site admin” link. If this becomes a problem for you, choose another design for your blog.
- If you cannot find “Meta” or “Site Admin”, go to http://globalteacher.org.au and then go to “Admin” on the left hand side, then click on “Login”.
- Enter your username and password and you will be at the Dashboard of your blog or blogs.
How do I change my password?
- Login to the dashboard
- Click on Users (on the Top RHS) > Your profile (sub menu)
- Password section (down the bottom of the page)
- Save Changes (Button near the bottom)
Can I delete a Blog?
- Yes – Login to the Dashboard
- Settings (top RHS)
- Delete Blog (Sub Menu)
- Delete Blog Permanently – (Button)
Please note deleted blogs are deleted. We can’t undelete a blog and no-one can reuse that blog URL once it has been deleted.
Changing the design of your Blog?
- Login to the Dashboard.
- Go to “Appearance” then “Themes”
- Click on a design you like and the blog will appear with that design.
- If you want to keep that design, click on “Activiate (design name)” in the top right hand corner.
What is the difference between a Page and a Post?
- When you create a page, you create a new tab at the top of your blog. Pages are good for information that is always important and relevant to your blog. Pages are not dated and do not scroll down with updates as posts do. You cannot post to a page. You can change the information by in a page by using “manage” “pages”.
- Posts are date specific and scroll down as you insert the next post. They are used to post daily or regular information to your blog.
How do I embed a Video?
- Load your video onto http://edublogs.tv and copy the video URL
- Log onto the dashboard
- Create a post or page
- Click on add media – add video button in the top of the “post” section
- Paste the Video URL and click on “inset into post”.
Note: (”Teacher Tube” is blocked in globalteacher. ”Youtube” embedding will work in globalteacher but the videos will be blocked by the filters in most schools.)
How do I insert an image?
- Images over a megabyte have to be compressed. Use http://www.shrinkpictures.com/ which reduces your pictures to 20 Kbytes for uploading or emailing. Images don’t need to be high quality.
- Login to the Dashboard
- Click on “Write”, then click on “Page” or “Post”
- Click on Add Media “Add an image” icon
- Click on “choose files to upload”, then select your image using the browser.
- Click on “insert into post”
- Then click on “Publish” to make the image appear in your blog.
How can I ensure student images on my blog are safe?
- When student images, we don’t usually identify the student by their full name. For DSC policy on using student images go to
- Publications for teachers
- Policy and Permissions
- Here you will also find a “parental permission letter” if student’s full names are to be used on a blog.
- Avatars are another way of students to share their images. A student can modify their image substantially using a site such as www.befunky.com
How do I link a “word” file to my blog?
You can upload a word document from the “add an image” icon and then make a link in the text by using the “insert/edit link icon.
What is the difference between Categories and Tags?
- Tags are the words that search engines such as “Google” use. You can add tags to your posts or pages to help people to find your blog online.
- Categories act as a filter on your blog to allow viewers of your blog to choose which sections of your blog to focus on. For example, you might use your blog for more than one class, and your students can filter the blog to view only the material relevant to their class.
- Login to the Dashboard
- Go to Comments
- Using this page you can approve, unapproved or delete any comments on your blog.
- Also go to “Settings” on the RHS and “Discussion”.
- You have full control over the way your comments are managed by using the settings in this area. For example, you can set up the facility to receive an email each time a comment is generated.
How do I know how people are finding my blog?
Use the feedjit widget in your blog to collect detail about how viewers find your blog.